Keeping Your Home in Good Repair
An agreement for Repairs and Maintenance between Kendoon Housing Association and its residents.
This agreement identifies the responsibilities of Kendoon Housing Association and responsibilities of residents, to ensure we work together to keep your home in good repair.
Kendoon Housing will:
- Provide an efficient Repairs Maintenance Service, responsive to the residents needs
- Invite you take part in consultations that will help you and Kendoon Housing Association make informed choices and improve the service
- Communicate effectively and regularly with you in Plain English
- Regularly report how to we are doing, for example, through newsletter
- Provide a fair and equal service to all our residents
- Offer convenience in reporting repairs:
- Telephone 0141 944 8282 (out of hours call City Building 0800 595 595)
- By letter
- By email
- By using our website
- At the office
- To staff out on estate
- Offer an appointment system
- Complete 95% of all maintenance jobs within our target times (emergencies attend within 4 hours). Non-Emergencies within 5 days
- 70% of repairs will be completed first time
- Carryout gas safety checks on time
- Provide new tenants with technical advice as to how to operate heating and carry out small repairs
- Ensure our contractors follow the code of conduct
The Resident to:
- Report repairs promptly giving full information
- Provide Kendoon staff and its contractors access to your home
- Keep appointments made
- Get written permission before making any improvements to your home
- Keep the internal decoration of your home to a good standard
- Keep your home in good standard and make sure you confirm with Regulations for example, providing access for annual gas maintenance checks
- Leave your home in good condition when you end your tenancy
- Ensure gardens are kept clean and tidy, grass is cut on a regular basis and boundary lines strimmed.
We always welcome your views and comments about improving our service.
If you would like this leaflet in another format, for example in large print or on tape, or in another
language, please contact us.
Kendoon Housing Association Limited, Suite 16, Garscadden House, 3 Dalsetter
Crescent, Drumchapel, Glasgow, G15 8TG
T:0141 944 8282, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org