Customer Briefing – Impact of New Level 4 Restrictions 26 December -16 January 2021
Repairs and Maintenance
Following updated government advice, we will continue to provide an EMERGENCY only repairs service, as we will be doing during the festive shutdown, from 6th January 2021 (when we reopen). This will remain in place until government restrictions are eased. This is also subject to change dependent on any change in advice.
Please do not report any non-emergency repairs to us from the 6th January 2021. We will update our website, and advise by text, as to when our full repairs service is available again.
All housing management services can continue, although home visits will only be allowed by exception, and in urgent cases. Staff are available by phone, or virtually using whats app video calling.
New Level 4 Restrictions
For information, Glasgow, and the majority of the rest of Scotland will be placed in Level 4 from 26 December 2020, meaning that home visits by contractors should only be for essential services and that tradespeople should only go into a house in a Level 4 area to carry out or deliver essential works for example:
- to carry out utility (electricity, gas, water, telephone, broadband) safety checks, repairs, maintenance and installation
- to carry out repairs and maintenance that would otherwise threaten the household’s health and safety
- to deliver goods or shopping
- to deliver, install or repair key household furniture and appliances such as washing machines, fridges and cookers
- to support a home move, for example furniture removal